Tip: Setting the loop to Pingpong gives a smooth transition for repetitive/looping animations.
1. Click on the Cinemagraph tab.
2. Drag the yellow S tab to set the start of the GIF or the orange E tab to set the end.
3. Drag the blue Square tab to set your Still Image. The still image is the stationary/inanimate frame which will be used in the cinemagraph.
4. Click the Eye Icon in the Still image section to show the still image over the video/animation.
5. Show the Mask by clicking the Eye Icon in Masking section. The Mask will apply a reddish color over the still image.
6. Use the Erase tool to erase the part of the still image that you want motion to appear. In the example above, I am erasing the roads in the still image.
7. Use the Brush tool to paint over or cover the unwanted motions or parts you mistakenly erased. Notice that I paint over the sky when I mistakenly erased that part.
8. Turn off the Mask by clicking the Eye Icon again and click the Play button to check.
9. Click the Preview (Eye icon) beside the Save button to check the overall animation (including the loop type).
10. Click Save when done.
Enjoy! : )